As we go into a new year, we all want to do better than how we did last year. Of course the cliche of a new year resolution will either be motivation at first but lets be honest how long do we stick to our goals? 2 months? 6 months? Is it possible to have a new year resolution to stick to your resolution? Here at Confidence Lingerie we believe in taking risk and going for it. Fall down 7 times and get back up 8. Even if you make it 2 months and mess up, try again. Lets make 2019 the year of "keep going no matter what". As long as you keep going, you'll get better, you gain more confidence. That alone is success. Stuck on how to be creative with goals this year? Below we have a list of ideas to start off your resolution for more confidence. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly blogs pertaining to confidence and lingerie.
1. Read 24 books this year, that means 2 books a month. For those who love reading this may be easy. For those who aren't into books this could be a good challenge. Find books that cater to your personal, professional life and what helps fulfill your needs. Whether its reading cook books, dating books, business, fiction, family etc. or challenge your imagination with fantasy books. Doesn't matter if its personal development or fiction. Research shows reading even for 6 minutes a day can help improve memory, reduce stress and gain more confidence. Reading is a brain work out and with technology making things more accessible our intention span is a just a tad bit shorter than a gold fish Yes!! a gold fish, we couldn't believe it either. Apparently our short span is 5 seconds were as a gold fish is 6 seconds. Anyway reading is fundamental and a way to gain confidence.
2. Take a risk. This could be something that you have been putting off for months, years, etc. A good way to reduce the scary feeling of trying something new or different is getting creative, research information on what you are taking a risk on. We personally wouldn't suggest dwelling on it too long, as that could cause further delay on making your move. Just go for it, jump, take the job, start the business, make the move to travel, invest in your future. As the great Anais Nin quoted "And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom". To sum it up, at some point it will hurt more to be stuck in your shell than it will to take a risk and go for it. So go for it!
3. Get rid of what drains you or is no good. Of course the out with the old, in with the new resolution is always there. This is a good thing. Its necessary to rid toxic vibes and negative energy. Just make sure you are giving positive vibes or you could be the one someone is ridding of. This doesn't just mean a person but could also be a bad habit you've picked up. Dead the bad and grow the good. Buying a plant and making it a priority to take care of it can help open positive light. Plants such as Sage, Aloe Vera, Peace Lily, Rosemary are a few positive energy givers that can help you shift your focus to what is necessary for you.
4. Financial Discipline, in other words saving your money is another cliche goal but is imperative. As stated it is not just about saving but developing financial discipline. Knowing what to spend your money on, investing your money in ways that will help you accumulate more income. Having financial discipline in order to gain financial freedom. This will give you the opportunity to take trips and do more of what you like. Having financial discipline also goes with the previous goals of taking a risk, riding bad habits that could be draining your pockets.Take a couple of challenges such as no fast food except on Fridays, Keeping your credit/debit card at home and only take the necessary cash you plan on spending so you don't spend more than what you need to.
5. Practice Patience and Kindness. Of course the golden rule to treat others the way we want to be treated. However do we really? How many times have you yelled at the cashier for not putting extra espresso in your coffee? Yelling at the car in front of you after 2 seconds of the light turning green. Have you ever thought back and said to yourself "I didn't have to act like that"? We all have had those moments of exaggerating and being dramatic. Maybe we were in a rush and didn't have time to wait for the extra espresso. Maybe we were running late to work and just wanted the car in front to hurry up. Practicing patience and remembering kindness because what if the cashier you yelled at just lost her parent her mind was on funeral arrangements, What if the car in front of you that you beeped at heard the police sirens and that's why they did not move. Get creative with practicing patience. It could be a challenge for some but it is a challenge worth going after. You can't protect your peace and disrupt others. Try listening to soft music such as Jazz, Classical, R&B. Participating in Yoga, soft meditation, dance, even reading a book or quick magazine could help reduce the stress. Either way the golden rule is to be kind to everyone you never know what battle someone is fighting.
-Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice.